I Guess This is What You Do

So I think I've been trying to fight this for a while. But I am following what seems to be a well trodden path toward creating a child loss blog. I talked to a friend of mine about writing an article for the website she works for but I kept adding more and different things to my "article" and it became so long and everything seemed too important to be trimmed.

I would like to do a few things with this blog: 
Help other families going through loss. 
Help friends and family of someone who has lost a child. 
Acknowledge the pain of child loss. So many loss blogs I have read have been "this is so hard but... with my family, with the help of God, with my other children, etc." And while all of these things are true and necessary for navigating grief, sometimes there isn't a "but". Sometimes it's just hard.

Disclaimers:
• I am starting this less than 3 months after my loss. I am currently in the thick of it. Hopefully this will allow me to share some real emotions and be honest about my journey from the beginning. 
• I will share things when I'm ready. There are some things I'm not ready to share yet and that's okay.
• Everyone's losses are different and everyone will handle it differently. I'll do my best to share things that have helped me and what has made me want to punch that lady in the face. The bottom line is that: you can't make it better. You need to feel. 
• I'm also starting this before I'm done editing the layout of the blog so forgive me if things are changing everyday.

So feel free to share with friends who you think would need this. 

Comments