Story(ies) #2 Toots, Barf, Licked Toes, & Kisses

My nephews kept asking for more stories last night so, I have a few for you today. 

Did you hear it? 

When Eden was a brand new baby, Jared was sitting on our bed with her while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. I was finishing up when I hear this huge fart come from the other room. I was "yelling" at Jared for being a bad example to our newborn daughter, when he chokes out through laughter "that was not me!". I was so amazed that such a big manly fart could come from such a small baby. Ever since then, (as you can see from the video) we weren't very good at being polite about farts. They are just so funny and we would laugh every time she let out a big one. 

Sad Sick Baby

When it was time to introduce eggs to Eden's diet I was glad to finally have a good source of protein to give her. But she wouldn't eat it. But I was determined to get those nutrients in her little body. Feeling accomplished I put her down for a nap only to run in 30 mins later to the sound of her barfing all over her crib. Unfortunately it took me a while to make the connection and stop giving her eggs. We also learned that she couldn't have cooked in eggs after her cake smash on her birthday. Poor birthday girl. 





When Eden would drop food on the floor while she was eating I would let the dog (Siren) in to eat what she discarded. Anything to make clean up easier, amirite? Siren's search for food would often extend up toward the source of the food which meant that Eden got a lot of toe licks from the dog. However, the tray kept Eden from seeing Siren, so every time this happened, Eden would get the most confused look on her face. It didn't scare her, but I can imagine getting licked on the foot by an unknown source would be very disconcerting. 


It was fun to see how Eden's kisses evolved as she got older. At first it was a wide open mouth. She then started grasping the concept of a puckered lip but only the bottom lip extended out. She was also never content with just one kiss. When hanging out with Mama and Dada she would go back and forth between us asking for big bottom lipped kissed. 



Comments